Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Theology Lessons

Yesterday, we had the joy of having my Baby Goddaughter spend the day with us, since her sitter was unavailable. All of us love having Baby Goddaughter around. She is five months old, smiles nearly constantly, and is so warm and cuddly... a perfect baby.

At one point in the afternoon, she was laying on the floor, and Princess was laying next to her, showing her toys and talking to her. I tuned in when a bit of Princess' talking floated into my consciousness.

"I love you, (Baby Goddaughter). God loves you. He loves me,
too. God lives right here, in your heart. He is always with
you. You never have to feel scared or alone, because God is always with
you."

I was beaming with pride, and told Princess, "That's awesome, sweetie."

She looked up at me, smiled, and said, "That's right, Mama. God is always good."

Thank you, God, for all my little teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment