Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mindless Mom Moment

Yesterday, during phase 1 of the winter snowstorm (which included about 1 1/2 inches of snow and then several hours of sleet), the kids went out to play. They offered to "clean off" the van for me, and asked if they could take the snow brush outside. (The same snow brush that usually lives in the van, but which I so wisely brought into the house to ease the cleaning process after the storm had passed). Thinking that it was a sweet offer, I said, "Sure. Just make sure you bring it back in. I'll need it to clean off the van tomorrow, when the storm is all done."

Sure enough, they forgot to bring it in. And I forgot to remind them.

Last night, phase 2 of the storm passed through our area, dumping 5 inches of snow on top of the snow/sleet mix from yesterday.

This morning, when I went out to trim the snow off the driveway (for I do not actually shovel down to asphalt, just get enough snow out of the way to free the minivan), I realized they had never brought the snow brush in yesterday.

We do not have a very big yard... but it is huge when you are trying to find a snow brush covered by 5 inches of snow.

BigBro, Princess and I searched for over an hour. Finally, I saw a neighbor cleaning off his car, and borrowed his snow brush to clean off the van.

Now we are praying the thaw will come before the next blast of winter precipitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment