Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 6


Another quick and busy week is done. Here's this week's round-up of blessings:


-1-


A successful experiment. DH and I have been having a little fun with an experiment for the past 11 days. It's done a lot to keep us both connected to one another, and has added an element of fun to our evenings. And I've been laughing a lot more.

I don't know how long we can keep this experiment up, but I'm enjoying the blessing of it while it lasts.



-2-


Our Kid-Free Weekend. This is our first kid-free weekend in just about 3 months. The last time DH and I were flying solo was the first weekend in March. It is such a HUGE blessing to have this time with just him... to reconnect, to relax, and to refocus our energies rightly. And a HUGE blessing to have such good friends, knowing the kids are safe and having fun with their friends at the same time!



-3-


My mom. My mother and I have a complicated relationship (is there any daughter alive who can't relate to that sentence?). This week, she asked to be a part of a retreat weekend that I am running this fall. She went so far as to book her plane tickets already. I am touched beyond words that she wants to be involved, that she trusts me enough to be one of my retreatants. There's a lot more there, layers and layers, but mostly, at this point, just deep gratitude for the opportunity to share this experience with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment