Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day - Perfected

This is the eighth time I've celebrated Mother's Day where I was one of the honorees. And this time, we really got it right.

Because we always spend the afternoon/evening of Mother's Day with my eighty-five year old mother-in-law, a few years ago, DH declared that the hours prior to 2pm were to be "all about Mom." We've experimented with different ways to celebrate, but none was ever as perfect as today.

To begin with, we went to mass last night. Now, I am not ordinarily a Saturday-vigil mass person. I prefer Sunday morning mass. But our Marriage and More team renewed our vows last night, and Pastor used the Sunday readings in that private mass, eliminating our need to attend mass this morning.

This morning, when LilBro woke with the sun and climbed into our bed, DH scooped him up and brought him downstairs, so I could sleep a bit longer. I got to wake lazily, reading my kindle, and chatting with my mom on the phone for nearly an hour. Then BigBro and DH made me a delicious breakfast, with all my favorite morning foods. After breakfast, I took a nice long soak in the tub, dozed for a short nap, and then we all got ready to spend the afternoon with my mother-in-law.

My day has been filled with cards, homemade and store-bought, lots of love and kisses, and way more pampering than I'm used to.

Mother's Day... finally perfected!

No comments:

Post a Comment