Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 7

This was a week of illness and recovery, antibiotics, naps, no posts, and ultimately, learning to submit to the needs of my body over the desires of my mind.

Still, the blessings abounded:

-1-

Antibiotics. I think that too often I take for granted the amazing blessing of living in the United States of America, in the 21st century, with health insurance. I was so sick on Monday morning that I had to force myself to swallow every few minutes, and the subsequent swallowing brought on intense, tear-filled pain. A few hours later, in the doctor's office, I received an injection of antibiotics. Forty minutes later, I took another round of antibiotics in pill form. Twenty-four hours later, I could swallow without giving it any thought at all.

DH made the comment that without antibiotics, in a different country and/or a different century, I very well could have died. I don't think he was being melodramatic.

-2-

My kids. This week, they had to endure a 2 hour doctor's office visit (most of which was spent waiting... in the waiting room, in the miniscule examination room, in the waiting room again), followed by three days of being cooped up in the house while I let the antibiotics do their job.

For the most part, they've been cooperative, helpful, and have done a great job keeping themselves entertained while not trashing the house in the process.

-3-

Friends. Friends helped out a lot this week... playdate for all three kids yesterday, so I could get some groceries solo, playdate for Princess today. As always, I'm reminded that the help is there. All I need to do is reach out and ask for it.


*****

Where have you seen God's Hand this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment