Monday, July 13, 2009

Ahhhhh... Vacation Bible Camp Week

It's 7:15 pm and my younger two children are asleep in their beds. The setting sunlight streams in over their sweet, sleepy eyes, while I bask in the extra hour of peace and quiet I've gained in my day.

To what to do I owe this incredible gift? Vacation Bible Camp. The kids were sufficiently worn out when I picked them up at noon, but just to top them off, we spent the afternoon swimming in the pool and followed that up with an hour in the air-conditioned playground at McDonalds.

DH and BigBro are out at All-Star Game festivities, and I am soaking up the silence, cat curled up on the couch next to me, cold glass of lemonade dripping condensation onto the windowsill, as I eye the book laying next to the laptop. It's time to log off and start reading. This quiet time is way too precious to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment