Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 13

-1-

Vacation Bible Camp. The kids had a great week, singing songs, learning dances, making crafts, and eating snacks all inspired by the Author of it all. They made some new friends, got themselves completely worn out, and I got 3 hours to myself every single day. Does it get any better than that?

-2-

My new running shoes. Last Sunday, I swallowed my pride and went to the running store. There, I told the much younger, much fitter, much more experienced salesperson that I was a beginning runner and needed shoes, socks and some advice. Along with the shoes, socks, and advice, she filled me up with encouragement. I came home, proud and excited. And what a difference the right shoes make! The difference between these (expensive) running shoes and my cheap Target-brand sneakers is indescribable... except that my knees, if they could speak, would find the words.

So, while these are, by a very long stretch, the most expensive shoes I own, they are worth every single penny.

-3-

Summer Vacations. We headed out on Friday to visit my parents in the Myrtle Beach area. What a blessing it is to be able to visit family (lots of good Grammy-and-PopPop-time!), and go to the beach at the same time! We are excited about a week of sunshine, beach and pool time, mini-golf, homemade ice cream, fishing with PopPop, and a mid-week date night that will include the new Harry Potter movie!

*****

How has God blessed you this week?

2 comments:

  1. I meant to comment on your beginning running post (woohoo, go you!), but when I saw your note about the running shoes, I couldn't resist. You're right, they do make all the difference in comfort, and if you're comfortable, you're able to run longer and more often.

    I'm a novice runner too, and not as dedicated to it as I should be, but it's always exciting to watch someone else discover that running can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,

    It's surprising how much fun it is, isn't it? So good to know there's another beginner out there... it'll keep me motivated!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete