Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 18


-1-

A Great First Week of School. This week went really well. LilBro had a great time at his new preschool. Princess loved (and I mean loved) kindergarten. BigBro jumped into 2nd grade with two feet, and a minimal amount of whining. We got started on time each day, and I even managed to fit in my runs before school nearly every day.

-2-

A Friend-filled week. Four afternoons this week were friend-filled. Playdates, new homeschool playgroups, back-to-school swim and ice cream party, and a sleep over. The kids had a great time. We all relaxed. There was a ton of laughter. A good way to cap off a morning of school.

-3-

Running. Not to become a broken record here, but my running is a real blessing in my life. This morning, a week before the 5K, I got up early, dressed, prayed, picked up my friend, and ran three miles around the high school track.

I don't think I ever completed more than one or two laps on the high school track in my 4 years of high school. And, I did it 4 minutes faster than my best time on the treadmill!

I am ready. The race is next Saturday morning. I can't wait. And I can't believe this is me... truly, this whole running thing is from Above... and I am so very grateful for the blessing of it in my life.

*****

Where have you noticed His Hand in your life this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment