Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 24


-1-

Traveling Together. I had several posts on our trip this week. It was such a huge blessing to keep the whole family together this week... to be able to school the kids while traveling with DH. We had a great week together, and I am looking forward to doing it again when we can.

-2-

Marriage and More. Last night, our Marriage and More group met again. We watched "Fireproof" and had a really fascinating, emotional, stimulating conversation afterwards. DH and I continued the conversation long after everyone had left. Our marriage was in a good place last year when we approached our Deacon with our interest in starting a new M&M group. I am awed and humbled to see how much this group has helped us to grow closer, deeper, more connected. What a blessing our group... and each individual... is to us.

-3-

My Chiropractor. Ok, so last weekend, I steam-cleaned the carpets/furniture. Then, we spent 4 hours in the car on Monday, and I slept in a hotel bed all week. I woke up on Thursday morning in so much lower back pain, I was in tears. The 4 1/2 hour drive home Thursday afternoon left me barely able to walk into the house on Thursday night. Friday morning, I called my chiropractor. He worked his magic, and by Friday afternoon, I was able to get the house cleaned and a small amount of grocery shopping done in anticipation of M&Ms (and just to replenish the empty fridge). What a blessing it is to be pain-free... something I know I take for granted way too often!

*****

Won't you join me in thanking God for all your blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment