Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 27


-1-

Surviving the Invasion of a Reality TV Crew. A week ago, I was anxious and stressed. Would the house look ok? Would I? What would we say? How would it go? What a blessing it is to be on this side of the filming... where life can get back to normal.

-2-

Morning Prayer with "the guys." On Tuesday night, Father and I prayed Evening Prayer before beginning Spiritual Direction. Since I am still a newbie at praying the Hours, it was very helpful (and really quite nice) to pray together. He then issued an open invitation to join him and the Deacon in the Deacon's office before morning mass. Wednesday morning, I took him up on the offer. Thursday morning, too. I can't join them every day (schedules and me not being a morning person getting in the way), but I am going to make an effort to get there as much as I can.

-3-

The Food Pantry. BigBro and I volunteer at our local food pantry once a month. This week, we were there on Thursday night. We have been doing this since last December, and I've certainly been changed by this experience. I am pulled out of my comfort zone every single time. It's a blessing to serve those who are struggling... but it's a bigger blessing that I am helped, changed, and softened through this small act of service.

*****

Where have you seen God's hand in your life this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment