Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blessings of the Week - vol. 39



-1-

Blogging Again. After a much-needed respite from this little space in the world wide web, I am back. It feels really good to be writing publicly again... and I thank all of you who've stuck by me during my hiatus. A blessing to write, a blessing to have a place to get these little thoughts down, and a blessing to know that I'm not alone out there.

-2-

A Productive 24 Hours at Vision of Peace. Last Sunday, I headed back down to Pevely for a short break. I hadn't been there since Thanksgiving, and it felt so good to step out of the car and soak up the views of the Mississippi. While I am not a cold-weather person, it was absolutely beautiful down there, with ice flows floating downriver, eagles soaring above, and clear views through the naked trees. I spent 24 hours. In that time, I took a 3-hour nap, designed 2 conference sessions for the upcoming March retreat, created a full month meal plan (including grocery list!) and wrote a draft of an article that's been buzzing in my head for a month now. It was an incredibly productive visit... though, it did leave me longing for just a little more time... enough to get a little bored. Next time. Once again, I'm reminded what a blessing that place is in my life.

-3-

Spirituality on Tap. Last Saturday night, I ran a new program at our parish. We had adult beverages and appetizers, a (really dynamic!!!) speaker, and some time for fellowship and discussion... all while the kids were next door watching a movie. This came about in a brainstorming session at a meeting last September, and I was really pleased with how well it all came together. The turnout was great, the evaluations were stellar, and I am looking forward to making the next one even better (sometime this spring). So... a blessing to have such a supportive, creative pastor and a blessing that this night helped start a different sort of faith formation program for our parish.

*****

Please join me in taking a moment to thank God for all the many ways He continues to bless us... and for His continued care and mercy for those suffering, and those helping, in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment