Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blessings of the Week - vol. 41


-1-

The Sacrament of Confession. This week, I had the opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament as a part of spiritual direction. I have a post I am working on about this particular celebration of the Sacrament. For now, suffice it to say that I got a real, actual glimpse of the mercy, compassion and overwhelming love that is Jesus Christ. Blessings don't come any bigger than that.

-2-

Dinner with the Seminarian. This week, we were joined at dinner one night by a Seminarian who is stationed at our parish for his pastoral internship year. It was a wonderful night. He is a dedicated and devout man, who speaks directly and listens compassionately. He will make a good priest and pastor some day. (God willing, he would add). It is a real blessing to our family to get to know him, and a blessing to our Church that men like him are answering the call.

-3-

Date Night-In. Last night, DH and I rented a movie and curled up together on the couch. Pretty ordinary, I know. But life has been so crazy lately, and our weekends have been so full, that our quiet nights curled up together have been few and far between. There is no place I'd rather find myself than curled up in DH's arms.

*****

Take a moment this weekend to praise God for your many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment