Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blessings of the Week - vol. 47


Happy Spring!

-1-

Retreat. As you read this, I am running another retreat at Vision of Peace. I continue to be blessed by women who trust me with a weekend of their lives. I continue to be stretched and pushed by these experiences, and to grow spiritually and personally as a result.

-2-

Timing. This week, several of my kids' homeschool activities were canceled for "spring break." At first, I was annoyed. Why do activities geared entirely toward homeschoolers need a spring break? (And why am I paying for something that they aren't going to?) But, this little annoyance turned into a big blessing. Suddenly, I had several free afternoons, in which to get last-minute retreat prep done, and still have my evenings with my family. A hidden blessing, but a blessing nonetheless.

-3-

Rising to the Challenge. This week, I stepped up to the plate and finally did something I'd been too scared to do for a very long time. It may come to nothing, but just the act of taking this small plunge has been so good for me... and will lead to more plunging again in the very near future. A big blessing: believing in myself and moving forward despite my fears.

*****

As we make our way into early spring, where have you been blessed lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment