Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dreams

Princess slipped into our bed in the middle of the night, tucking herself safely between DH and me. I didn't notice her entry, but after a time she gave a short scream, waking both of us. DH mumbled to her and rolled over. I pulled her into a cuddle and she whispered, "I had a bad dream, Mommy."

"Shhh. It's ok. Go back to sleep."

In the morning, I asked her about it. Did she want to talk about her bad dreams? No. There was only one bad dream, but there were lots of good dreams. She wanted to talk about the good dreams.

"In one dream, Mommy, I saw lots of poor people, and they didn't have any food and were starving. So, I prayed to God and He gave them food. And then you 'flied' in and saw that they were eating and you were happy."

That is a dream worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment