Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blessings of the Week - vol.51


-1-

Retreat! As in, I am on a retreat. As in, I packed a bag and drove to a retreat site, and that is the full extent of the work I am doing this weekend. (Well, external work, at any rate. I'm sure God has some internal work planned). It's been 18 months since I've last gone on retreat. What a HUGE blessing this is!

-2-

Running. Last Sunday, while running around the high school track, I had a bit of an epiphany. I love running... for the awesome feeling it gives me, because I am taking care of myself, because it calms me. But, I hate the completely self-imposed pressure of the race, where I am focused on time and distance and lose all sight of my love of the sport itself. So... I stopped racing. And since then, I've been running every single day, and absolutely LOVING every minute of it. Go figure. Wonder what other perfectionistic tendencies I can give up to bring more pleasure to my life. Food for prayer?

-3-

Spring Weather. This spring weather has been so incredibly awesome for me these past few weeks. Gone is my seasonal depression. Our grass is growing tall where there was just a pile of mud. And I am ever so much more peaceful to be around. Thank God for the seasons!


*****

Please join your prayers of praise with mine this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment