Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quiet....

I am going on a silent retreat next weekend. I can't wait. Days like today make me even more anxious for next weekend to get here as soon as possible.

It wasn't that today wasn't a good day. It was. We got all our school work done in the morning. We even had time to tidy the house and clean the bathroom before round one of guests came. Round one left at 3:10 and round 2 arrived at 3:25. They stayed until just after 5. DH arrived home a few minutes later. We ate dinner, and then DH and BigBro headed out to soccer practice.

It was all good... just loud. And demanding. There were lots of tears today. I think Princess is going through a growth spurt; she has been eating and sleeping a lot more than usual, and falls apart at the drop of a hat. So, lots of tears (and their accompanying screeching) most of today. It seemed to be a day with more than the usual share of fighting, too.

I don't know... maybe I am just tired right now. I've been getting up at 6 am to get to morning mass. My days go better when they start with the peace and grace of Christ. But right now, that early morning quiet time seems a lot further away than just 12 hours.

It's almost bedtime. Princess and LilBro are watching WordGirl and SuperWhy, and then off to bed.

And it's only 8 more days til the silent retreat....

No comments:

Post a Comment