Monday, December 1, 2008

Starting Off Right

Happy Advent! We got our Advent off to a wonderful start yesterday.

It was the first time all five of us have been together for Sunday mass in several weeks. I carried the purple candle up to the wreath on the altar during the procession. BigBro and Princess were actually pretty involved in the mass. LilBro climbed all over me (as usual), but at least he was quiet.

Yesterday evening, we blessed our Advent wreath, and had our first prayer service.
The kids took the first link off their prayer chains, and we added the first ornament to our Jesse Tree. One of BigBro's friends was visiting at the time, and he jumped right in enthusiastically.

Then, I headed back over to the parish for the Women's Advent by Candlelight dinner. It was incredible! So beautiful, so prayerful, so friend-filled and Christ-centered. A wonderful way to start this beautiful season. We were blessed to have Sister Rosalind Moss as
our guest speaker. She has an amazing story, and had me both laughing and crying throughout her talk. I loved her description of the Blessed Mother: "Mary? She's a Jewish mother. And she says, 'Have I got a son for you!' " I don't think I will ever think of the Blessed Mother the same way! But truly, I loved the Advent by Candlelight program. It was the first year my parish has done this program, and I am certain it won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment