Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 37. DH and my Pastor both asked me if I was turning 27 or 28. Sweet. But not necessary. I am ok with 37. In fact, it fits me. It took me a very long time to "feel" my age. Finally, when I hit about 32 or 33, I felt that my chronological age and my maturity level/state in life had equalized. So, 37 is just fine with me. (And at any rate, it sure beats the alternative!)

After mass yesterday, DH and the kids took me to lunch at a little restaurant next to a man-made lagoon. We shared a delicious lunch, lagoon-side, under an umbrella. While it was cloudy and a bit cool, it was still a good day to eat al fresco.

After lunch, including yummy desserts and the requisite singing to Mom, we rented a paddleboat and spent an hour boating around the lagoon. All of the kids took turns steering.



What afternoon at the park is complete without making a wish or three on some "wishing flowers?"

No comments:

Post a Comment