Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol. 17


-1-

Time with Friends. This week offered me several opportunities to go out and catch up with some of my friends. It was such a huge blessing to have the time to relax, chat, share our news, and enjoy some yummy food (and margaritas!) together. Always good to be reminded what a blessing friends are!

-2-

Photo Books. On Monday, I got an email advertising 50% off printed photo books for this week. Monday night, I had some free time, and uploaded our vacation pics, designed a quick book, and ordered 2 copies (one for us, one for my folks). The whole experience was so satisfying that I then created a photo book of DH's basement project, and a photo book showcasing the first half of 2009. They arrived today, and I am very pleased with the results... the amount of effort and the expense were all very doable.

Now, to fully appreciate the magnitude of this blessing, you need to know that I have not printed a single picture since LilBro was 3 months old. (Just in case you forgot, he is 3 1/2 years old now). We take a TON of pictures, and I back them up and file the backup copies in the safe every few months. But I am terrible about printing pics and putting them in albums. So terrible that this has become a monkey on my back... a real source of "mommy guilt."

So... a huge blessing, a huge sigh of relief, and some more time to take advantage of this sale, which doesn't end until midnight tonight! Looks like the kids might get birthday photo books, too!

-3-

Mommy-Daughter Special Time. Today is a special day for Princess and me. We have a date for lunch at a little restaurant, and some time together wandering around, not being boys. She has been dancing and singing all week, in anticipation of our special time together. And, truth be told, I've been really looking forward to it, too. She is such an absolute delight to be with, to talk to, to see with her eyes. And it is a blessing to be able to give her my full attention, and to soak up all the good Princess-ness that there is in her.

*****

Well, what about you? What blessings have graced your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment