Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Last Day

School starts up again tomorrow for us. We've been off for 3 months, and I think all of us are ready to get back to it. I know that I miss the routine of it all... even while I know that it will be a bit of a struggle to get back into the structure the first few days.

So, today we are having a lazy, summer day. I am baking "back-to-school" cupcakes for an afternoon treat tomorrow. I am baking muffins for breakfast tomorrow. Tonight, after they go to sleep, I will hang streamers at the bottom of the stairs. Anything to make tomorrow a special day: the first day of our new school year.

Tomorrow, we have a morning filled with books and lessons and projects. We have an afternoon filled with friends, cupcakes and fun.

But today, we have laziness. We have family time. We are swimming, playing, reading, watching tv, stretching out and enjoying just being together. A quiet, peace-filled day right before we jump back into the busy waters of school-and-activity-filled life.

Thank God for the quiet moments amidst the chaos of ordinary life.

No comments:

Post a Comment