Monday, October 12, 2009

(Belated) Blessings of the Week - vol. 25

Ok, so I missed my usual Saturday morning posting, but it's never too late to stop and thank the Lord for our blessings, right?

-1-

Sleepovers. Friday night, the kids all spent the night at friends' houses, so DH and I could have some much-needed alone time. What a blessing to have some time alone, and to know that the kids were all having fun, too!

-2-

Vision of Peace. Saturday afternoon, I made another trek down to Pevely to the Vision of Peace Hermitages. After days of torrential rain, Saturday was sunny, with clear blue skies, and cool autumn breezes. I only had about 24 hours to spend down there, but it was all good. I soaked up the sunshine, the quiet, the peace. I caught up on some sleep. I read 2/3 of a novel. I got to experience a tiny mass in the chapel... just Father Ed, Larry and me. Thank God for the blessing of this place in my life.

-3-

Productivity. Last week, we didn't get a ton of school work done. Princess had a virus in the beginning of the week, and our morning school time kept getting trumped by more important commitments. By mid-week, I was getting frustrated with our lack of productivity. But when I look back at last week, I can see that we were incredibly productive... that, in so many ways, we accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.

And so, as I work on getting back to our reliable routine this week, I pause to thank Him for the blessing of productivity even amidst seeming chaos.

*****

Care to join me in starting this week from a place of praise and thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment