Monday, December 14, 2009

Blessings of the Week - vol.34

Ok, so I missed the weekend, but it's never to late to slow down, take a deep breath, and give thanks:

-1-

The Big Party Is Done. One of the reasons I've hardly written lately is that I've been incredibly busy planning the 25th Ordination Anniversary celebration for Father. Tomorrow is his anniversary date, but we celebrated as a parish yesterday. The whole experience was eye-opening in so many ways, but the day was a complete success. Father had a wonderful time, and everyone had a chance to express their appreciation for him. And... the party is over. I can now return to my regularly-scheduled Advent.

-2-

My husband. I have the most wonderful partner in the world. I don't deserve him. I am totally grateful for him. Every. Single. Day.

-3-

Family Prayer around the Advent Wreath. I love the prayer routine we've developed for Advent. It's taken a few years to find our real groove, but we've got it now, and we haven't missed a night... even amidst the busyness and craziness of this month. I love that the kids all know the first verse of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" by heart... even LilBro. I love that they ask to do prayer service. And I love that they are starting to put the pieces of the big picture together. As we read through the Jesse Tree story, they are starting to get the whole picture of our salvation history. Mostly, I love that we pause every single night to pray together as a family. I hope that this little tradition means as much to them as all of the other "Christmas" traditions when they grow up.

*****

Have you paused to thank God yet this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment