Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Should Think Not

LilBro has been exhausting the bandage budget lately with all sorts of cuts and scrapes. I am a big believer in the magic of both mom kisses and cool bandages for dealing with nearly all non-ER scrapes.

However, sometimes, LilBro just wants the cool bandage.

This morning, he came over to me, with his pant leg pulled up over his knee. "See this, Mom? Right here?" He pointed at a spot of perfectly unblemished skin. "I need a bandage."

I leaned in and give the offending spot a big kiss, then looked up at him again.

Big grin. "That didn't work. I still need a bandage. A CARS bandage."

I scooped him up for some cuddles, tickles and giggles, and a bunch more mom kisses.

"How could that kiss not have worked? It was my signature 'magic kiss'?" I tickled him some more.

"I was just joking. It worked." He leaned in and kissed me, then bounded off in search of new adventures.

Magic kisses not work? I should think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment