Friday, June 18, 2010

Our New Pastor

I met our new pastor this morning. DH didn't have to be in to work until 9am, which meant I could attend 7:30 mass.

After all the recon I've done, I've been feeling pretty excited about meeting him. No one has said anything but the most encouraging and positive things about him.

And....

They were absolutely right. If first impressions bear out, he is a gentle, quiet man, self-deprecating and funny. And, as a major bonus, he gave an awesome homily, taking a complicated and confusing reading from 2 Kings and making it relevant to our lives today.

I look forward to getting to know him better.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that your new pastor is a gem. It is wonderful when that happens. We are supposed to be getting a new associate pastor who is well recommended.

    ReplyDelete