Friday, January 29, 2010

Impossible to Please

Last night, just before bedtime, I learned that Princess' godmother, whom we haven't seen in several years, will be able to visit us for a week in April. As I tucked Princess into bed last night, I shared this news with her.

She squealed with joy! How much fun she is going to have with her Godmother!

"Can she sleep in my room, Mommy?"

"Yes, she'll have to sleep in your room, because Grammy and PopPop will be here then, too.

[They are coming out for BigBro's First Holy Communion].

This morning, I reminded Princess that her brothers didn't yet know the news, and gave her the chance to break it to them.

"Guess who's coming to visit us in the spring?" Princess sang as she danced around her bedroom.

When BigBro's guesses were wrong, she happily told him, "My Godmother!"

BigBro, also a fan, joined in the happy dance.

I added, "And she's staying for a whole week!"

Princess stopped short. "Oh no! I thought she was staying for a month!"

*****
We don't call her "Princess" for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment